Cocoa Mindfulness Meditation Group
This is a group for those who are interested in living life more fully through secular mindfulness. The meetings will focus on both mindfulness theory and meditations along with mindful tools, that will help us live life with greater awareness.
NOT A MEMBER?
This page provides additional resources relative to the group including a photo gallery, downloads, handouts, challenges, discussions, audio /video, and other offerings.
SHARE THE FUN WITH OTHERS AS YOU TAKE ON OUR MINDFULNESS CHALLENGES
Join our facebook group and share your experience with others!
TWO WEEK MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE
Each meetup will start a new 2 week mindfulness challenge. This challenge starts on August 20 2019 and ends on the date of our next mindfulness meetup September 3, 2019.
Body Awareness Challenge
This challenge focuses on Body awareness. Body awareness is an important foundation of any mindfulness practice, it helps us to be in the present moment.
Outline of exercises and frequency to meet this challenge
- Concentration meditation at least 5min up to 15min .. more if you like 3-5 days per week
- Body scan meditation 1 – 2 times per week
- Posture exercise – check in during the day .. as many times as you can remember, make it a challenge to do better than yesterday!
- Bring awareness to a routine activity 1 – 2 times per week .. find a trigger to remind yourself
- Walking meditation – EXTRA CREDIT Regular walking is good exercise, try bringing awareness to it.